Aggregate Production DirectorPosted: about 4 months ago
Join The BARD Team! We are looking for an Aggregate Production Director to be based out of Dyersville or Dubuque, Iowa
Who We Are:
BARD Materials is a72 year oldfamily-owned ReadyMix and Aggregate Supplier whose purpose is toTransforms Materials Responsibly to Build Better Lives, Communities, and Country. In Aggregate Production we live our purpose by producing high quality Aggregate products in a manner that is Safe, Efficient, and respectfulto the Environment. As a whole, we are focused on creating a culture that develops all employees as leaders, thereby maximizing the positive impact we have on Lives, Communities, and Country.
Who you are:
- You live the BARD Core Values of
- Be Humble
- Build and Maintain Relationships
- Choose to be Positive and Resilient
- Always Learn, Do, and Improve
- Own Safety
- Commit to Quality
- Focus on the Customer
- Act as One BARD
- You love Leading a team to reach new goals and heights
- You have effective in-person, phone, and written communication skills
- You don’t mind speaking in front of groups and will work to improve at it
- You genuinely enjoy seeing others grow and develop under your Leadership
- You understand that your well-being influences your ability to Lead
- You believe zero incidents is attainable
- You believe you can improve safety and production at the same time.
- You enjoy trying out new Technologies
- You believe technology can improve safety and efficiency
- You have always liked big equipment
- You enjoy the journey of continual improvement
- Inefficiency keeps you upat night
- You enjoy debating better ways to ‘build the mousetrap’
- You have a 4 year degree in a related field or 10 years of relevant experience
- You would enjoy the opportunity to attend more schooling if available
About the Position:
Aggregate Production Director oversees all aspects of Planning, Stripping, Drilling, Blasting, Preventative Maintenance, and Production for 50 Quarry and Pit Locations. This position reports to the company president and has 8 direct reports which includes an Assistant Aggregate Production Director who directly oversees the Sand and Gravel Operations. The Aggregate Production Director oversees a total of about 40 employees. This position will work closely with Assistant Aggregate Production Director, Land and Mining Development Manager, Safety Director, Environmental Director, and Area Managers. This position will have P&L responsibilities for this Department.
- Plan for personnel and equipment needs of each operation.
- Effectively present information to management, public groups and or boards of directors
- Develop weekly,monthly, and annual schedules for meeting production goals.
- Review daily, weekly, monthly production against established goals.
- Monitor equipment performance and down time records.
- Provide guidance to managers and supervisors regarding personnel and safety practices.
- Work with Safety Director to schedule training and investigate any accidents and injuries.
- Check on each crew’s adherence to environmental & safety laws. Maintain awareness of new or changing environmental and safety laws. Assist Environmental Director in investigation of environmental & safety problems.
Required Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Viewpoint - ERP
- Wrike -Project Management
- Digital Fleet - GPS Dispatch
- Learn new Systems
We offer a competitive benefits package including Health Insurance, Wellness Program, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flex Spending Plan, 401K, Profit Sharing, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Pay and an Employee Assistance Program