Business Intelligence Analyst and Software IntegratorAPPLY NOW
Who we are:
BARD Materials is a family-owned Ready mix and Aggregate Supplier who Transforms Materials Responsibly to Build Better Lives, Communities, and Country. At BARD, our integrity is determined by how well we live our core values. We have an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join our team as a Land and Mine Development Assistant.
The Job (Overview):
We have an immediate opening in our Dubuque Office for a Business Intelligence Analyst and Software Integrator. The candidate will come into the company as a member of the IT department and report to the IT Director. The person will work within the IT Team and company-wide to provide information using Business Intelligence software and integration of information systems. The person will ensure data is properly managed and leveraged from source to storage to delivery in the most efficient and effective way. This person will lead the integration of current and new information systems to continually provide insightful information using state of the art technology.
These Core Values should align with your Personal Values:
- Be Humble
- Build and Maintain Relationships
- Choose to be Positive and Resilient
- Always, Learn, Do, and Improve
- Own Safety
- Commit to Quality
- Focus on the Customer
- Act as One BARD
- Are a solution-minded individual
- Like to automate everything
- Love data and organizing reports to assist your decision making
- Can work independently and with a team
- Are excited by new technology and seek out new software tools and best practices
- Enjoy the thrill of connecting new systems and mining the aggregated data
- Like being a resource for others and helping them turn their data into information
- Recognize IT is just as much about people as it is about computers
- Communicate in two languages: English and Python
- Believe all Information systems should be integrated
- Leverages technology and analytics skills to apply data analysis practices
- Designs and implements procedures to automate the sourcing and reporting of data
- Establishes data management standards and best practices, including problem research/resolution and customer education.
- Primary manager of data ETL’ing and reporting needs
- Participates in building strategic model solutions including transformation rules and attribute relationships
- Responsible for architecture and the overall quality of the solution.
- Facilitates communication between stakeholders.
- Designs and develops reports and dashboards using Power BI and SSRS sourcing data from SQL, API’s, and various other data sources
- Gather business requirements and coordinate development with other department Directors
- Connecting systems and syncing data using modern programming tools.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or related discipline
- Communication Skills to work within a team, and bridge the gap between technical and business understanding
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2012 or later releases SSRS
- Experience with other technologies such as Perl, Java, Python, Net, SSIS, and MQ or other messaging services is a plus
- The following skills are highly preferred but not every skill is required
Power BI and SSRS - Strong in Report development.
SSIS - Good Knowledge in SSIS and ETL concepts.
Database Skills – Very strong SQL and PL\SQL.
Dashboard / BI development
We offer a competitive benefits package including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flex Spending Plan, Health Reimbursement Accounts, 401 K, Profit Sharing, Wellness, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Pay, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Business Intelligence Analyst and Software Integrator