Land and Mine DeveloperAPPLY NOW
Who we are:
BARD Materials is a family-owned Ready mix and Aggregate Supplier who Transforms Materials Responsibly to Build Better Lives, Communities, and Country. At BARD, our integrity is determined by how well we live our core values. We have an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join our team as a Land and Mine Development Assistant.
What we are looking for:
BARD Materials is seeking a detail-oriented, forward-thinking candidate to join our team as a Land and Mine Development Assistant in Dubuque, Iowa. This position is in our Land and Mine Development department and would report directly to our Land and Mine Development Director
BARD’s Land and Mine Development team is driven to understand and follow written procedures with unquestionable integrity and is always focused on continuous improvement. We strive for accuracy, precision, and clarity in a challenging industry.
The Job (Overview):
The Land and Mine Development Assistant’s primary responsibilities will be to draft and maintain mine plans for over fifty locations and provide detailed inventory accounts of aggregate products. The role will utilize state-of-the-art technology to perform aerial surveys and create mine plans with CAD-based software. Other duties assigned will include obtaining environmental samples and assisting with purchasing, selling, leasing, and trading of properties.
These Core Values should align with your Personal Values:
- Be Humble
- Build and Maintain Relationships
- Choose to be Positive and Resilient
- Always, Learn, Do, and Improve
- Own Safety
- Commit to Quality
- Focus on the Customer
- Act as One BARD
- Are energized by working both inside and outside.
- Are excited to learn new technologies and become an expert.
- Feel better when you have a long-term plan.
- Like shooting the breeze with neighbors.
- Understand the value of land.
- Enjoy the art and science of negotiating deals.
- Maintain mine plans with CAD-based mine planning software.
- Coordinate with Accounting to provide detailed quantities of inventory.
- Obtain aerial estimates of Inventory using a drone.
- Fly the drone to create mine surveys.
- Coordinate with the stripping crews to provide estimates.
- Scope locations for potential mine development opportunities.
- Assist with buy, sell, trade, and lease negotiations.
- Prepare detailed reports and cost estimates for the Back Office.
- Provide support for Safety & Environmental Department efforts to maintain site safety and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct visual inspections of mine sites to verify responsible mining practices and consistency with all applicable regulations.
- Assist with obtaining environmental and quality samples from mine sites.
- As mine sites change, annually update and maintain reclamation plans in accordance with state and local regulations, as well as landowner requests.
- Work with underwriters to ensure reclamation bonds are current and comply with local and state requirements.
- Maintain annual mining licensing and ensure fees are paid to state and local regulators.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Four-year degree in a related field or two-year degree plus relevant experience.
- Experience with mining, drafting, or surveying software is preferred but not required.
We offer a competitive benefits package including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flex Spending Plan, Health Reimbursement Accounts, 401 K, Profit Sharing, Wellness, Holidays, PTO, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Land and Mine Developer