Environmental, Health, and Safety ProfessionalPosted: 3 weeks ago
Join the BARD Team!
BARD has an opening for an Environmental, Health, and Safety Professional
Responsible for the overall compliance with environmental regulations governing our industry. Represent the company during compliance inspections. Develop new programs and maintain current programs which relate to environmental compliance and safe operations. Provide training for employees and conduct site inspections.
Position based in Dyersville or Dubuque
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Take initiative to make BARD an industry leader in environmental stewardship and sustainability.
- Develop and implement program regarding state and federal regulations governing environmental testing compliance (storm water, opacity, air permitting, etc.)
- Filing various reports including (but not limited to) Tier II Reports, TRI, Air Emissions Inventories, Storm Water discharge reports, etc.
- Develop ongoing environmental compliance training for employees. Prepare annual training plan.
- Work closely with Safety and Health personnel in development and continuous improvement of EHS Manual.
- Maintain environmental records required by state and federal law. Prepare and submit all required permits for quarry operation. (ex. EPA, DNR)
- Assess site locations for environmental compliance, identify problems, determine liability, and recommend and implement corrective action.
- Work closely with site development personnel in development and maintenance of site reclamation plans.
- Supervise the maintenance of all records required by local, state, and federal regulation, and in compliance with company policy.
- Assess compliance issues for the company. Identify risks, determine liability, recommend and implement corrective action.
- Oversee setup of new site locations to ensure environmental compliance of operations.
- Serve as a backup representative of BARD Materials Safety Personnel in the event of an incident or compliance inspection.
- Operate an aerial drone in support of inventory management.
At BARD, our purpose is transforming materials responsibly to build better lives , communities and country.
We offer a competitive benefits package including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flex Spending Plan, Health Reimbursement Accounts, 401 K, Profit Sharing, Wellness, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Pay and an Employee Assistance Program.