Technical Services Field RepresentativeAPPLY NOW
Technical Service Field Representative to perform testing of concrete and aggregates primarily in our East Region (Wisconsin). This role is vital to ensure that the highest level of quality and service is met with every job. This role heavily utilizes technology and is hands-on with customers and individuals from every department in the company. The day-to-day is often self-scheduled based on customer demand and job requirements. A successful candidate for this role will perform their responsibilities with an unwavering commitment to BARD’s Core Values.
These Core Values should align with your Personal Values:
- Be Humble
- Build and Maintain Relationships
- Choose to be Positive and Resilient
- Always, Learn, Do, and Improve
- Own Safety
- Commit to Quality
- Focus on the Customer
- Act as One BARD
- Perform on-site sampling of concrete including slump, air content, temperatures, and casting of concrete cylinders.
- Collaborate and work directly with customers and providing information as needed.
- Compile daily reports documenting findings and reporting deficiencies (if any).
- Utilize and test new software and technologies.
- Read and understand specific project plans and mix specifications.
- Check that all necessary equipment is calibrated and functioning accordingly.
- Communicate with Dispatch and management team(s) regarding project requirements and inspection results.
- Provide instruction to remedy and/or adjust the concrete mix to reach desired specifications.
- Remain knowledgeable in all products available including admixtures, sealants, and fibers.
- Promote value-added solutions to customers.
- A top-notch, high-intensity team.
- Open minds to explore new methods and ideas.
- State-of-the-art resources.
- A technology-forward focus.
- Strive for excellence.
- Seek to exceed customer expectations.
- Are detail-oriented.
- Enjoy an ever-changing work site.
- Like trying out new technologies.
- Thrive in fast-paced, complex situations.
- Have the utmost integrity.
- Can efficiently manage your own time.
What you need:
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- A two-year degree or four years of experience in a related field is preferred but not required.
- The ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with a focus on solutions.
- Strong computer skills, including experience in Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat.
- The ability to learn and promote current and new technologies.
- American Concrete Institute Field Technician Certification required or to be obtained within six months of hire (company paid).
- Candidates must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs. independently and 30 lbs. above the waist.
What you’ll get:
- Company vehicle for company-related tasks.
- Competitive wages, profit sharing, and benefits package.
We offer a competitive benefits package including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flex Spending Plan, Health Reimbursement Accounts, 401 K, Profit Sharing, Wellness, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Pay, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Technical Services Field Representative